Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend Update!

Well, it's December, and you know what that means...yep, 'Tis the Season for being busy, exhausted, overwhelmed, stressed, and all-around ready for the Holidays to be over!  After having this attitude for OVER A WEEK recently, I decided that this is supposed to be one of the best times of the year.  It should be a time for being with family, doing for others (and enjoying it), and taking in the holiday spirit.  This is when I decided it was time to change my attitude and my life (just a little bit).  I decided that I have been so busy that I haven't been able to give anything to the people and things that mean the most to me.  For the last 2 weeks I have gotten back to basics and made my priorities the things they should be:  Patrick, Zoey, my career, and my health.  I must say, it's been a good 2 weeks.  Yes, I've struggled with not being able to spend as much time with friends...and I've already experienced the difficulties of saying "no," but to be honest, it's been very empowering all at the same time! No, I've not yet perfected this art, but I am making a conscious effort of working on it at all times!  So, without further ado, here is what I've been up to for the last 2 weekends...

Weekend before last was our annual cabin trip with some of our friends from Knoxville.  On Friday, Patrick and I took a half day off work and headed out of Nashville as early as possible.  After dropping Sweet Zoey off at her Grandma and Grandpa's house, we were on our way to a fun relaxing weekend...and that it was!  I honestly, don't have a lot to say except that we had a great time relaxing, playing games, eating, and watching football.  It was JUST what the doctor ordered!  Here are a few pics of the weekend:
All the ladies!  L to R:  Heather, Melissa W, Sabrina, Ginger, Andi, and Me!

Enjoying the views with my favorite dude!

Our home away from home for the weekend!

Just hanging out at Luca's Lookout!
After spending Sunday afternoon with my family, it was time to head back to Nashville and get ready for another work week!

This weekend was a weekend of Christmas parties!  My work Holiday party was Friday afternoon, then after that I had to rush home and freshen up for Patrick's work Christmas party that evening.  It was held at Ellendale's, and was a yummy dinner as usual.  My sweet beau was in charge of planning the party, but I must say, he did a great job!

Saturday morning we were up EARLY (way too early for a Saturday IMO) so Patrick and I could make the 2.5 hour drive to Vinemont, AL for Patrick to go SKYDIVING!!!!!  After getting down there around 9:30, we were told that the people who had 8:00 appointments still hadn't been able to get started because of the cloud cover...we were a little bummed out because we had driven so far and had gotten up so early, but we both kinda got over it and decided to be patient since safety is, of course, the most important thing!

Luckily for us, around 11:00 they started letting people begin the process and Patrick got to get suited up around 11:30.  Here are a few pictures of the "preparation" process:
All ready to head out and get suited up! 
Me with my courageous Beau!

The sign keeping me from getting my arm cut off, apparently...

The plane Patrick was about to jump out of!
Next thing you know, Patrick was loading into the plane and was flying high in the air...here are a few pics that were taken by the skydiving company...it was really cool to see after he safely landed on the ground:
Pumped up before jumping out of the plane! 
Probably 14,000 feet off the ground at this point!
After Patrick landed safely on the ground, we headed back to Nashville and were able to relax quite a bit that afternoon.  That evening, my sister was coming to town, so she, Patrick and I headed over to our friend Chase's Housewarming/Christmas Party.  It was a lot of fun, but since I hadn't gotten to hang out with my sister in quite awhile, and I was also pretty tired, she and I left Patrick at the party and headed home to hang out with Sweet Zoey.

Sunday was spent like most others...breakfast, chores, and relaxing.  That evening, we met up with Alysia, Kevana, and Nikki and Mark (our friends who used to live in Nashville, but now live in Nebraska) at Urban Flats for an early dinner!  It was great getting caught up with them, and we're still trying to talk them into moving back to Nash-Vegas!

So, what did you do this weekend?

No comments: