Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday!

So...Traci-Girl at Then I Got to Thinking has a great Thursday post called "Thankful Thursday," so I decided to join her and start my own Thankful Thursday post (Yes, I know you are wondering if I have any original ideas for blogging, but bear with me...I'm new at this).  =) Anyway, I LOVE this idea...blogging about something I am thankful for every week will really help keep my positive attitude right through the weekend!  Here goes nothing...


This Thursday, I am thankful for...

MY MOTHER!!!!!


It's a little hard to see her in this pic, but it's the most recent one I have...obviously, she's the one on the left.

My mom is one of my best friends...she's the one I talk to EVERY day on the phone, she's the one who always listens to my problems, and she's the one who always listens to my accomplishments.  I always know these things, but this week I was REALLY reminded of how fabulous she is.  See, when I was a young child, she read the Ramona Quimby books to me.  Well, yesterday, she drove to Nashville so she and I could go see the movie Ramona and Beezus together.  We went to dinner with Patrick beforehand, and then we went to see the movie.  We both LOVED it, and it reminded us of 20 years ago.  Afterward, we came back to my house and sat out on the back porch for over an hour just chatting and laughing and having a great time.  It's times like this that I wish we lived in the same town...however, if that was the case, we wouldn't appreciate these moments nearly as much!

MAS

No comments: