Monday, April 23, 2012

A Tax Season Worth of Weekend Updates

Most weekends during tax season aren't nearly exciting enough to justify their own update.  However, because I also keep this blog as a diary, I've decided to go back and share the highlights of what's been up with me for the last few months...

February 24, 2012 -- The highlight of this weekend was my photography class!  It was super fun and I intend to share a full post soon!

March 2, 2012 -- This weekend included a visit from my sweet, sweet sister, and she cooked me the BEST fried chicken I have ever tasted!  It was so yummy!  I also had dinner with Kathleen and Lindy at one of my favorite restaurants, Blue Coast Burrito!

March 9, 2012 -- This was an extra special weekend because it was my Beau's birthday...unfortunately, he was sick the entire time, but that didn't stop us from going out to dinner at a Brazilian Steakhouse on Friday night and celebrating with friends on Saturday.  Here are a few pics of the birthday celebration:
Patrick having a drink with Jeffers and Jack!

Me with the Birthday Boy!

No Birthday celebration is complete with out Crazy Dave!

Patrick and Mickey...doing their best "I'm so important" impression!
March 16, 2012 -- This was the weekend of my beau's Bachelor Party weekend in Las Vegas!  Therefore, I spent the weekend having dinner with 2 of my favorites, Anna Catherine and Kathleen, and also spending a little TLC in the knitting store.  Sidenote, if you haven't been to Bliss Yarns in Brentwood and you like to knit then you need to head there immediately!  It is amazing and the staff are GREAT!

Oh, one final thing that was wonderful about this weekend...Sweet Kennedy was born on March 16, 2012 at 12:50 pm weighing 8 lbs 9.8 oz.  Some of you may remember my friend, Andi who was pregnant, well, she got to deliver the most beautiful baby just 1 day after her due date.  I can't wait to meet Kennedy in just 1 short week!  Here's a pic of the beautiful girl!


March 23, 2012 -- This was an amazing weekend, despite the fact that it was full of work...what made it so amazing was 2 things:  the massage Patrick bought me and the cookout Alysia and Ed had for us!  YUMMY!

March 30, 2012 -- This was definitely the best weekend of all of tax season!  On Friday night, I actually got to leave work at 5 and got my hair did!  It felt so great to have a little pick me up so close to the end.  Saturday, I only worked a few hours and then my mom and I went shopping for her MOB dress!  More to come on that soon, too!  Patrick and rounded out the weekend with dinner and drinks with Mickey and Kathleen on Saturday night and a trip to the dog park on Sunday.

April 6, 2012 -- Easter Weekend!  Although I was initially kinda sad that I couldn't go home for Easter, it ended up being a wonderful day!  Patrick and I went to church for a wonderful service, then we came home, cooked lunch, and enjoyed the beautiful weather.  Early afternoon, we headed over to Mickey's parent's house to celebrate Easter with their family and it was SO nice!  They are so welcoming to everyone that comes to their house and since Patrick has been celebrating Easter with them for the last 10 years or more, they treat us just like the rest of the family!  Such a wonderful day!
April 13, 2012 -- Ah, so close...the last weekend of tax season...unfortunately, that means nothing but work for Melissa...however, I did manage to sneak in a little bit of fun.  I ran a 15K on Saturday morning - The Moosic City Dairy Dash.  And I did it in 1:53:53...not to shabby all things considered!  I also somehow talked my beau into going to see The Hunger Games Saturday night.  I liked it, but not NEARLY as much as the book and quite frankly, I think it would be really hard to understand if you hadn't read the book.  Sunday, after working most of the day, my kickball team had their season opener...and we won 16-1!  Woohoo!
So, that's what I've been up to lately!  Stay tuned for this past weekend's update...it was definitely more hectic than the ones mentioned above!

1 comment:

Alysia said...

I'm so glad you're back :)