Friday, April 27, 2012

CMM Here I Come

Well, tomorrow is the BIG day!  I'm so excited for Half Marathon #3!  My race packet has been picked up, my "outfit" is laid out, my Garmin is charged, and my GUs are in my Fuel Belt.  I am ready to get this thing done! 

I have many hopes for tomorrow:

1.  I hope my IT band doesn't hurt as bad as it did last year.
2.  I hope I improve my time by 8 minutes over last year.
3.  I hope the weather isn't too hot.
4.  But most importantly, I hope I have FUN! 

I know some people don't understand how running 13.1 miles and FUN can go together, but those who say that have obviously never witnessed or participated in the Country Music Half Marathon.  Imagine 30,000+ people running the streets of Nashville with TONS of spectators cheering them on...Then, also imagine live bands, cheerleaders, and volunteers offering words of encouragement.  I can honestly say the reason I run is for THIS race every year!  I can't explain it, but there's definitely something magical about it.

If you will be participating tomorrow GOOD LUCK!  I hope you have the time of your life and reach all of the goals you set in place!  Until Monday...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo proud of you!! And during tax season AND wedding planning? You are superwoman. I will be volunteering at the finish line and hope I see your pretty face.

xoxo,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

How'd it go?! What an awesome accomplishment. =)

Happy Sunday, dear!

Keep Shining,
Meghan

Unknown said...

love your blog!
following from over http://happilyeverafter-tiffany.blogspot.com/