Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Weekend Updates!

So, weekend before last, we made the trek to East Tennessee to head to the Tennessee game.  Because we don't get to Knoxville often enough we usually spend the entire weekend running around trying to catch up with everyone!

The weekend started off on Saturday morning after my run at the good ole Carter High School track!  Man, I feel old heading back to my alma mater!  Next up, was a delicious breakfast prepared by my sweet mama!  YUMMY!

After relaxing with the family in the morning, Patrick and I headed into Knoxville to meet up with Elaine and Ken!  It has been way too long since I've spent time with them.  It was great to catch up!

Next, it was time to head to the UT game with Rob and Andi!  Again, we don't get to spend enough time with them, so it was so nice having them to our selves for an evening.
Rob and Andi are celebrating a pregnancy and an engagement before the game...at least they said that's what they were celebrating...I suspect that neither of them needed an excuse.  =) 
Me with my beau!

Hanging out with the cute preggo lady!
Even though the game didn't turn out quite as we had hoped (such a regular occurrence for us poor Vol fans), we still had a wonderful weekend in Knoxville.

After having lunch with the 'rents on Sunday, it was time to head back to Nash-Vegas for Alysia's Birthday party.  Her boyfriend, Ed, did a great job on all the food and he even made her a homemade strawberry cake that was ah-mazing!
After the super stressful work week I experienced this week, last weekend was much less busy and much more relaxing.  Friday night, I volunteered at the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk.  It was a great experience with many, many survivors, patients, family, friends, and people remembering loved ones who were gone too soon.

I had been a little under the weather this week, and therefore, didn't sleep well on Friday night.  When I woke up at 3:00 on Saturday morning and couldn't go back to sleep, I finally got out of bed and was super productive until 6:00, when I decided to get back in bed.  No, this isn't something I usually do, but it was the most productive I've felt in weeks!  I should try it more often!  =)

Saturday morning, after doing a little bit of final work related stuff, I head to breakfast with my beau.  We headed over to First Watch (a new breakfast place over in Brentwood).  It was amazing!  Patrick got cheddar and bacon pancakes and I got a breakfast skillet.
Since PetCo was just next door, we picked up a few goodies for Sweet Zoey:
Next up was the Music and Molasses Festival.  Neither of us had ever been, but I have been wanting to check it out for several years now!  Since we didn't have anything planned, we decided to head out there for an afternoon.  It was tons of fun, and a little different than I expected.  There was obviously both music AND molasses, but there was also tons of crafty stuff, BBQ, and Fried Snickers Bars.
This owl was from a nearby conservatory! 
Goofing off!  My mom said this should be our Engagement Pictures.  =)

Pure heavenly-ness (Is that even a word?)

Enjoying the day together!
We ended our Saturday night with a nice dinner with Kirk, Teona, and Adriana, and then we headed over to Adam and Alacia's to hang out with them for a little bit.

Sunday was the laziest day ever, complete with a homemade breakfast, football, and laundry.  Then, Kathleen and I headed to Columbia to meet up with Anna Catherine for a fun catch-up dinner.  We don't get to spend nearly enough time together, so it was great to get in some good girl time!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Mrs. S said...

Knoxville is the best-- not partial after living here 27 years or anything.. I graduated from Catholic. Are yall coming to anymore games this year? sad for our vols! and congrats on your engagement by the way!!