Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Professional Hospital Pictures

When Oliver was approximately 24 hours old, a photographer from Bella Baby Photography came to our hospital room and took some complimentary pictures of our new, sweet prince.  I had every intention of allowing them to take the pictures, but had no plans of ordering any of them since we had already scheduled a photographer to shoot newborn pictures at our home just a few days after arriving home from the hospital.  However, there was something so sweet about professional pictures of him so young and the pics turned out great, so we decided to go ahead and buy the CD of all prints.  Here are a few of my favorites:01-IMG_568903-IMG_569604-IMG_570206-IMG_571008-IMG_571811-IMG_573013-IMG_5742bw-12-IMG_5739

I’ve heard many people say they don’t even remember their baby being this small, and now that Oliver is a month and a half old, I know what everyone is talking about.  He had changed a lot by the time we had his newborn pictures made when he was 6 days old, so I am so glad we were able to capture some pictures of our sweet boy at only 24 hours!  I will cherish these pictures for many years. 

You are probably wondering why there are no pictures of me…WELL, as you can imagine, I wasn’t loving the way I looked at 24 hours post partum, so I didn’t really like any of the ones of me.  However, throughout this entire experience, I have really tried to embrace the camera despite the fact that I am no where even close to my goal weight.  I know that one day I’ll be glad I have these shots…SO, here is the ONLY picture I will post of myself…it’s a little hard for me to look at and I really hate it, but like I said, I know one day I’ll be glad I have it.bw-17-IMG_5765

Also, Mimi (my mom) happened to be at the hospital visiting when these were taken and the photographer somehow talked her into stepping into a couple of pictures herself.  My mom HATES to have her picture made and therefore, I have very few pictures of her and Oliver.  This picture has become one of my favorites even though I’m certain she hates it. Ha!18-IMG_5768

My advice is to have the hospital pictures taken regardless of whether you have photography plans after coming home from the hospital.  If you’re like me, you will be so tired and exhausted and out of it, that you probably won’t get anything decent with your own camera, and these may become some of your favorites!

No comments: